Friday, January 8, 2010

Empowering Women Globally


Hello All,
My name is Shauna Kane and I have decided to start creating a blog to document, share, and inspire others through the sharing of my stories and experiences throughout Africa. I want to start by dedicating this blog to all the women of Africa who continue to enliven me each day and teach me over and over again the resilience of the human spirit, their stories, smiles, and tears both haunt and inspire me and have propelled me to create my own small business that works to empower the women of Africa through creating market access for their crafts.
For the past nine years I have been traveling to Africa either as a tourist, volunteer, employee, or to live for months at a time. This has been a calling within me since the age of 5, and with this calling has come a responsibility. I believe with all my heart that the future of this planet relies on the empowerment of women globally, especially the women of Africa. When a women is empowered she is able to uplift herself, her family, her community, and her nation. Africa is the continent where human evolution began but yet it is one that has been forgotten. The time is now for us to remember. I am creating this blog not to bring you stories of tragedy and suffering, but to bring you stories of the Africa that I have grown to know and love, a place filled with so much vibrancy, heart, and undeniable courage. Thank you Africa for revealing yourself to me, for showing me your raw and unassuming heart. May this site be a tool for giving back, for taking action, and for helping each and everyone of us discover the calling of our lives.

If you are interested in me attending any event to sell women's crafts from Africa please contact me at shauna.kane3@gmail.com
In Gratitude,
Shauna Kane

No comments:

Post a Comment