Thursday, May 19, 2011

Overwhelming Love!!

I am so happy here and the sadness of leaving Rwanda in 5 days is beginning to set in. This past month has been one of such joy, wisdom, contemplation and possibility. Each morning when I stand in circle dancing with these students I feel as though my heart may just burst open with the overwhelming love and respect I feel for each one of them. To know what they have endured and to see who they have become makes me feel like a mere speck of dust in this world, questioning if I could ever have the strength to overcome what they have. I guess one never knows until they are put into a situation where you must use every ounce of your humanity to survive, forgive and move forward. Today Chantal (one of the Project LIGHT participates) said that she has now recognized that she has value. If these students walk away with nothing but that wisdom than I know that we have succeeded, for how different would this world be if we each recognized the value that we are and the value of each living being. Each one of these students are my teachers inspiring me to be my greatest self and to believe in what is possible, no matter what.

Driving down the mountain tonight was rather terrifying, as the rain poured down Innocent the driver sped down the dirt roads and spun out right at the steepest point of the cliff. Thought if I just covered my eyes we would all be okay. To any angels out there looking over me sorry for always working you overtime, know that I am very grateful and that I plan to live a long and beautiful life. Wishing I could bottle the magic I feel here and bring it home to give each of you.

With Love and Gratitude,
Shauna

No comments:

Post a Comment